Most Active Stories
- Tiny House Expedition Holds Community Showcase, Pop-Up Park, and Party Before Hitting the Road
- Songs of Water, Tiny House Expedition, Bio Ritmo, and Peppercorn Theatre
- Could A New Skyscraper Spring Up In Greensboro?
- North Carolina Religious Exemption Bill On Marriage Now Law
- Marriage Bill, Religious Freedom An Uneasy Mix With Businesses
Tue May 20, 2014
Rooster Walk 6 Music and Arts Festival is This Weekend
Rooster Walk 1 began in 2009 with 600 people gathering in the scenic foothills just north of Martinsville, Virginia, to listen to live music performed by a few local bands over Memorial Day weekend. Festival organizer Johnny Buck says they weren’t sure at the time whether or not there would ever be a Rooster Walk 2. But the festival has grown steadily ever since, and this year it was recently named among the top 10 summer fests by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine, and currently ranks as the No. 1 Charity Event by Virginia Living Magazine. On May 22-25, Rooster Walk 6 Music and Arts Festival is expected to draw more than 4,000 music lovers to hear 35 performers on three different stages at Blue Mountain Festival Grounds. This year’s headliners include Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe, The Infamous Stringdusters, singer-songwriters Tim O’Brien and Darrell Scott and many others.
David Ford spoke with Rooster Walk organizer Johnny Buck. Rooster Walk 6 Music and Arts Festival opens Thursday, May 22nd and will run through Sunday the 25th with more than 30 performers on three different stages. The family-friendly Rooster Walk features on-site camping, food vendors, music workshops and lots of kids’ activities as well.