Most Active Stories
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Meet the Arts Nonprofit: Arts for Life
Mon October 14, 2013
S2dio Supplies (Winston's Mobile Art Supply Store) Takes Off
Bibi Coyne set out on an entrepreneurial adventure when she applied for Winston-Salem’s small business competition earlier this year.
When Coyne and her family moved back to Winston-Salem two years ago, the graphic designer and marketing consultant was surprised by the lack of local art stores. As Winston is the “city of arts and innovation,” with a thriving arts district and numerous academic art programs, Coyne saw an opportunity to address a need. Her concept for a mobile arts supply store in the Triad won the small business competition, and as a result, her business S2dio Supplies has taken off – on wheels in fact. Bibi recently purchased a bus to house her business - a goal she’s had since applying for the competition. She’ll fill it with art supplies to travel around the city serving local artists. Bibi spoke to Bethany Chafin about the nuance and inspiration of an artist’s tools.
You can check out Bibi’s new wheels on Saturday, October 26th at the Krankies Air Stream and Coffee Park on Reynolda Road from 10:30am to 3:00pm. You can also order supplies from her website, and as a fun challenge, Bibi is asking that area artists and designers submit a concept for a design for her new bus.