Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Wed January 29, 2014
Salem Band Presents Winter Concert
Salem Band began performing way back in 1771 making it one of the oldest community bands in the nation. These days you can hear the ensemble perform free public concerts seven times a year. Five of them are outdoors in the beautiful, shaded confines of Salem Square. The Salem Band Winter Concert is one of two indoor performances. It’ll be held next Tuesday, February 4th in Brendle Recital Hall on the campus of Wake Forest University. As with all lSalem Band performances, the concert is free and open to the public. Since May of 2011 Salem Band has been led by Music Director, Winston-Salem Symphony Bass Clarinetist, and WFU Saxophone, Woodwind Ensembles, and Clarinet Instructor Eileen Young.