Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Thu June 19, 2014
This Saturday is Greensboro Summer Solstice
PLEASE NOTE: Greensboro Summer Solstice 2014 begins at 2:00 pm and NOT at 10:00 am as announced during Triad Arts.
This weekend, while the tilt of the Earth’s semi-axis is most inclined toward the sun, we’ll be enjoying our longest period of daylight, and for thousands of Triad residents that means it’s time to party. With dozens of outdoor performances going on all day what better place to do so than at Greensboro Summer Solstice in the Gate City’s spectacular Arboretum. Self-described community activist, serial entrepreneur and proud member of the creative class Susan Sassmann has been Head Faerie throughout the ten year history of this wonderful community-building event. Sue’s seen it grow to a team of more than 300 performers, vendors, sponsors and volunteers.
This year’s celebration begins Saturday, June 21st at 2:00 PM and will run through 10:00 PM at Greensboro’s beautiful Arboretum. Raindate is Sunday, June 22nd. The Head Faerie is still looking for two dozen more volunteers. She says it’ll be mostly directional work, and there are a few nice perks that go along with your volunteerism.