Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Video Project Delves into the Art of Sharing
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
Fri March 8, 2013
Sawtooth School for Visual Art presents "Abstractions"
The Sawtooth School has been the premier community visual art school in the Piedmont Triad for nearly 70 years, and they provide education in just about every artistic discipline imaginable for all ages from beginners to those with advanced skills.
Their ongoing exhibition titled Abstractions featuring six phenomenal local and regional artists runs through Friday, March 15 in the Davis Gallery at Sawtooth, 251 N. Spring Street in Winston-Salem. The participating artists are Norton Barnhill, Marta Blades, Andrew Fansler, Alex Norwood, Mary Ann Prack and Zac Trainor. A broad and diverse representation of abstract art will be on display including oil on canvass, line drawings, sculptures, and more. Add video, audio, and digital mixed media to that mix and you enter the abstract world of artist and Sawtooth instructor Zac Trainor. He spoke with David Ford.