Most Active Stories
- 'In God We Trust' Motto To Be Installed On NC Government Buildings
- Neighbors Lobby For More Regulation On Chicken Farms
- Forsyth County Among Worst For Income Mobility
- Playwright Beth Henley, Artist Alexis Lavine, "The Wire", and Composer Tom Hauser
- Environmental Groups Take Legal Action Against Large Factory Farms
Tue October 22, 2013
SECCA Prepares to Open Ambitious Exhibit "Graphic Design: Now in Production"
Today, graphic design is the largest of the design professions, and this week one of the most ambitious graphic design exhibitions is coming to the Triad. Graphic Design: Now in Production opens at the South Eastern Center for Contemporary Art on Saturday, October 26th. Co-organized by the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, and the Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum in New York, the enormous exhibit features work produced since 2000 that’s been assembled by more than 200 designers.
SECCA in Winston-Salem is the only venue in the Southeast to host the show. Last week David Ford visited the Center during installation for a preview with Executive Director Mark Leach, Installation Manager/Registrar Cliff Dossel, and Curator of Contemporary Art Cora Fisher. The exhibit is free and will be on display through February 23rd. You can join David for a SECCA gallery tour this Friday afternoon at 1:00pm during TAW.