Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Tue October 22, 2013
SECCA Prepares to Open Ambitious Exhibit "Graphic Design: Now in Production"
Today, graphic design is the largest of the design professions, and this week one of the most ambitious graphic design exhibitions is coming to the Triad. Graphic Design: Now in Production opens at the South Eastern Center for Contemporary Art on Saturday, October 26th. Co-organized by the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, and the Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum in New York, the enormous exhibit features work produced since 2000 that’s been assembled by more than 200 designers.
SECCA in Winston-Salem is the only venue in the Southeast to host the show. Last week David Ford visited the Center during installation for a preview with Executive Director Mark Leach, Installation Manager/Registrar Cliff Dossel, and Curator of Contemporary Art Cora Fisher. The exhibit is free and will be on display through February 23rd. You can join David for a SECCA gallery tour this Friday afternoon at 1:00pm during TAW.