Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Tue October 22, 2013
SECCA Prepares to Open Ambitious Exhibit "Graphic Design: Now in Production"
Today, graphic design is the largest of the design professions, and this week one of the most ambitious graphic design exhibitions is coming to the Triad. Graphic Design: Now in Production opens at the South Eastern Center for Contemporary Art on Saturday, October 26th. Co-organized by the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, and the Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum in New York, the enormous exhibit features work produced since 2000 that’s been assembled by more than 200 designers.
SECCA in Winston-Salem is the only venue in the Southeast to host the show. Last week David Ford visited the Center during installation for a preview with Executive Director Mark Leach, Installation Manager/Registrar Cliff Dossel, and Curator of Contemporary Art Cora Fisher. The exhibit is free and will be on display through February 23rd. You can join David for a SECCA gallery tour this Friday afternoon at 1:00pm during TAW.