Most Active Stories
- Cirkus Theatre Collaboration Between UNCSA and Cirque du Soleil Is In Third Season
- Guilford County Youth React to Ferguson Shooting, Protests
- Winston-Salem Lawyers to Argue Gun Law Before U.S. Supreme Court
- Move Over 336: New Area Code Approved For Triad
- In Depth: Greensboro Lawyer Explains What New Federal Pregnancy Guidelines Mean For You
Tue October 22, 2013
SECCA Prepares to Open Ambitious Exhibit "Graphic Design: Now in Production"
Today, graphic design is the largest of the design professions, and this week one of the most ambitious graphic design exhibitions is coming to the Triad. Graphic Design: Now in Production opens at the South Eastern Center for Contemporary Art on Saturday, October 26th. Co-organized by the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis, and the Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum in New York, the enormous exhibit features work produced since 2000 that’s been assembled by more than 200 designers.
SECCA in Winston-Salem is the only venue in the Southeast to host the show. Last week David Ford visited the Center during installation for a preview with Executive Director Mark Leach, Installation Manager/Registrar Cliff Dossel, and Curator of Contemporary Art Cora Fisher. The exhibit is free and will be on display through February 23rd. You can join David for a SECCA gallery tour this Friday afternoon at 1:00pm during TAW.