Most Active Stories
- Weather-Related Closings and Delays for Friday March 7, 2014
- Weather-Related Closings and Delays for Tuesday March 4, 2014
- Your Federal Tax Refund Could Be Delayed
- Guilford County Schools Closed Monday Because of Ongoing Power Outages
- 'Thank God for Gas, Generators & Headlights - Guilford County Residents Struggle Without Power
Around the Nation
Tue July 2, 2013
Sign Maker Misspells Florida, Twice
Originally published on Tue July 2, 2013 8:36 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene. Florida's Department of Transportation ordered a new sign for Interstate 95. It read: Exit 344, University of Florida, Florida State College South Campus. Only one issue. Both times, Florida was spelled wrong. It read: Flordia. The sign manufacturer in Arkansas made that mistake. According to First Coast News, the company has agreed to fix the sign for free. They also might want to get off at that exit and head back to school.
You're listening to MONRING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.