Most Active Stories
- Dash Pop, The B. Kin Band, Gaurang Doshi, and Christopher James Lees on Triad Arts Weekend
- The Art of Body Painting: Meet Artist Cheryl Ann Lipstreu
- UNCG Historian: Greensboro Bill Defies NC History of Local Control
- Music Director Christopher Lees and UNCSA Symphony Orchestra Present "Russian Fireworks"
- Local Filmmakers Screen "Unmappable" at SxSW
Mon June 2, 2014
Singer/Songwriter Sarah Siskind to Perform at Reynolda House
A couple of years ago, after leaving her mark in Nashville, Tennessee, Winston-Salem native singer/songwriter Sarah Siskind relocated to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. That year she wrote all the songs on her EP In the Mountains, sang several support dates for Bonnie Raitt, and Time Magazine called her “one of our favorite 5 voices” at SXSW in Austin, Texas. Sarah’s songs are heavily featured on ABC’s hit TV show Nashville. Last July, Justin Vernon’s Chigliak Records re-released Sarah’s debut full-length album Covered and we’re sampling from the title track now.
Her new album Novel is available on iTunes. You can hear Sarah Siskind live in Winston-Salem on Thursday, June 5th from 6-9 pm during Summertime Social: Backyard Barbecue and Brews at Reynolda House Museum of American Art. Their annual event celebrates the beginning of summer in the Museum’s backyard with live music, barbecue samples, beer tastings, games on the lawn, and art activities. Tickets are 15 bucks, kids 5 and under get in free.