Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Mon June 2, 2014
Singer/Songwriter Sarah Siskind to Perform at Reynolda House
A couple of years ago, after leaving her mark in Nashville, Tennessee, Winston-Salem native singer/songwriter Sarah Siskind relocated to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. That year she wrote all the songs on her EP In the Mountains, sang several support dates for Bonnie Raitt, and Time Magazine called her “one of our favorite 5 voices” at SXSW in Austin, Texas. Sarah’s songs are heavily featured on ABC’s hit TV show Nashville. Last July, Justin Vernon’s Chigliak Records re-released Sarah’s debut full-length album Covered and we’re sampling from the title track now.
Her new album Novel is available on iTunes. You can hear Sarah Siskind live in Winston-Salem on Thursday, June 5th from 6-9 pm during Summertime Social: Backyard Barbecue and Brews at Reynolda House Museum of American Art. Their annual event celebrates the beginning of summer in the Museum’s backyard with live music, barbecue samples, beer tastings, games on the lawn, and art activities. Tickets are 15 bucks, kids 5 and under get in free.