Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Small WS Independent Pharmacist Challenges Big-Store Goliaths
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- Triad Pharmacist Says Generic Drugs Could Cost Less
Mon January 7, 2013
Smitty's Notes Turns 15
Smitty’s Notes does more to spread the word about goings on in the Triad and to bring people together than just about any other single source in our community.
Today, 15 years after its inception, Smitty’s Notes eNewsletter is just as vital as ever, and it’s now on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The man behind Smitty’s Notes is Jeffrey Smith. The Litigation Paralegal has served and continues to serve on dozens of boards and community organizations including some he founded, like Evening with Eight—Plus Smitty, a dining concept that introduced the general public to the Winston-Salem community.
Jeff has won awards for networking and developing social capital from organizations like Downtown Winston-Salem, The Business Journal of the Triad, Chamber of Commerce and many others. He's a lifelong resident of Winston-Salem and one of the first residents in the new downtown area of Triad Research Park. The self-described Urban Pioneer dropped by recently to reflect on 15 years of Smitty’s Notes and community building.