Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Tue September 17, 2013
SouthEastern Custom Knife Show: Damascus Steel Blades, Engraving, Inlay and More
Knives were our ancestor’s first tools, one of the oldest forms of art, and among the first family heirlooms. This weekend, on September 21st and 22nd, some of the finest old world craftsmen from the U.S. and Canada will gather with their handmade knives at the SouthEastern Custom Knife Show, held in the Benton Convention Center in Winston-Salem.
Incredible examples of blacksmithing skill acquired over decades of intensive training will be on display and for sale from 9-5 on Saturday, and 10-3 on Sunday. North Carolina Knifemakers Guild and American Bladesmiths Society member John Hege provides this preview with David Ford.