Most Active Stories
- Unique Greensboro Academy Still Working To Reach Potential
- Amendment One: Unconstitutional, But Probably Here To Stay
- As Same-Sex Marriage Becomes Legal, Opinions In North Carolina Are Mixed
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
- Bailey Park Begins New Concert Series With The Love Language
Thu April 25, 2013
Spring is Here with John Newman Garden Design
Early spring is still in the air, and for acclaimed garden designer John Newman that means Cornus, Hamamelis , and Thymelaeaceae…that is: dazzling dogwoods, wonderful witch-hazel, and exciting edgeworthia.
You can see the fruits of John’s labors at the height of their spring season glory at the Central YMCA and Augsburg Luthern Church in Winston-Salem. John and his team of eight co-creators at John Newman Garden Design share a fascination with architecture, Japanese gardens and design, and for the past 20 years they’ve been artfully marrying all of these elements focusing primarily on residential garden design including water features, pathways, and beautiful stone mosaics. Music included in today's interview is Peace Like A River arr. Mack Wilberg sung by the Centenary Choir and orchestra conducted by David Pegg.