Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Thu October 17, 2013
Terry Kennedy's Newest Poetry Collection is New River Breakdown
Terry Kennedy has a new collection of poetry titled New River Breakdown. The book will be released on Sunday, October 20th by Greensboro-based Unicorn Press. Each copy of New River Breakdown, in addition to including the 44 beautiful poems by Terry, will be hand-stitched and feature one of five original cover designs by area artists. The designs represent their personal interpretations of Terry's poems. Terry stopped by WFDD to read from his new work, and he was joined by Unicorn Press assistant editor and book designer Andrew Saulters. Terry began with the first poem in his new collection.
Terry is also the Associate Director of the Graduate Program in Creative Writing at UNC Greensboro. Tune in tomorrow at 1pm to Triad Arts Weekend for Bethany Chafin's extended interview with Terry, Andrew, and two of the artists, Tristin Miller and Woodie Anderson, who created original works for the cover of New River Breakdown. You can hear Terry read from the new collection on Wednesday, November 6th at 7:00pm in Phillips Hall at High Point University. Click through the slideshow included to see each of the original covers for New River Breakdown.