Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Real Home of Christmas
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Thu September 5, 2013
Touring Theatre of North Carolina Takes Audiences on Sentimental Journey
Touring Theatre of North Carolina holds a big event created around one of their original shows. Last year, it was “Stompin’ at the Savoy” and an evening of 1930s music, food and culture. This year’s evening combined with silent auction, wine and a light meal takes us back to the 40s. “Sentimental Journey” is a show of great wartime songs and letters this Saturday night, from 7-11pm at beautiful Magnolia Manor. Sentimental Journey will feature Touring Theatre artists including Kay Thomas and John Kernodle. They were joined by Producing Artistic Director Brenda Schleunes.
And this year, Touring Theatre of NC will present their very first chamber season beginning November 8th at Mack & Mack performance space. “Deployed” is a reader’s theatre production featuring poetry and prose written by veterans and veteran family members spanning seven wars.