Most Active Stories
- Rosetta: Space probe drops robotic lander on comet 67P
- Report: NC 4th in Nation For School Shootings Since Newtown Tragedy
- Meet the Artist: Watercolor Painter Alexis Lavine
- McCrory Pushes Tax Credits At Opening For Company That Hasn't Used Them
- UNCSA's "Dying For It," Tiny House Expedition, Jeremy B. Jones, and Piedmont Triad Jazz Orchestra
Fri June 14, 2013
Triad Arts Weekend: June 14, 2013
For music lovers in the Triad, this time of year when we all rejoice: the Eastern Music Festival in Greensboro, Appalachian State’s "An Appalachian Summer Festival"…the list of well-known live music listening opportunities goes on and on each summer.
But what about the Wayne C. Henderson Music Festival & Guitar Competition in heavenly Grayson Highlands State Park? Or how about the brand new Siren Mountain Jam in Boone? Today on the show we preview both festivals. Living legend guitarist and luthier Wayne Henderson lured superstar Roseanne Cash to the mountains this year with a handmade guitar of his very own, and he’ll be pickin’ and grinnin’ for us with his pal Herb Key Live in Studio A. And for a new festival, Siren Mountain sure is pulling in its share of heavy weights with Joan Osborne, Toshi Reagon, and Me’Shell Ndegeocello headlining the 15 outstanding all women band line-up. First we’ll step down from the mountains for a conversation with Winston-Salem pop rock band Estrangers. They’ve got a new album out. Our Technical Producer, and Jews & Catholics front man Eddie Garcia chats it up with the band.