Most Active Stories
- Dash Pop, The B. Kin Band, Gaurang Doshi, and Christopher James Lees on Triad Arts Weekend
- The Art of Body Painting: Meet Artist Cheryl Ann Lipstreu
- UNCG Historian: Greensboro Bill Defies NC History of Local Control
- Music Director Christopher Lees and UNCSA Symphony Orchestra Present "Russian Fireworks"
- Local Filmmakers Screen "Unmappable" at SxSW
Thu February 28, 2013
Triad Jewish Film Festival in Greensboro Hosts Producer of The Simpsons
The Triad Jewish Film Festival in Greensboro runs this Saturday, March 2 through the 16th, building bridges of understanding by showcasing Jewish identity through six wonderful contrasting films, community outreach, and comedy.
On Thursday the 14th at 7:30, The Simpsons writer/producer and 4-time Emmy Award winner Mike Reiss will present “Jews in Toons: An Animated Evening” at Temple Emanuel. It’ll be a hilarious evening featuring rare clips and inside stories from one of the longest running shows in TV history. On April 3 at 7:00 at Beth David Synagogue there will be a free showing of the documentary “Hitler’s Children” featuring interviews with the children and grandchildren of some of the highest ranking commanders in the Nazi party. Following the film, Liesel Appel will speak about her life growing up in a Nazi family and her later conversion to Judaism.
Festival Director Rachel Wolf and committee member Janie Silvers stopped by WFDD for this season preview. Mike Reiss has produced The Simpsons for 25 years and he spoke with David Ford by phone from his home in Manhattan.