Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Around the Nation
Tue February 5, 2013
Tuba Players Take Valentine's Day Requests
Originally published on Tue February 5, 2013 1:47 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montage. As one considers the many ways of wooing a beloved on Valentine's Day, the ungainly tuba and its deep bass sound are not the most obviously romantic. Still, a dozen tuba players at the University of Memphis in cute red vests and bow ties are offering a tuba serenade that will at least bring smiles. Their fee includes chocolates, a card, and two classic tunes like "My Girl" and "My Guy."
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
MONTAGNE: It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.