Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Wed January 23, 2013
Twin City Stage presents Lend Me a Tenor
When world-famous tenor Tito Morelli arrives for a fundraiser at the Cleveland Grand Opera Company, a chain-reaction of mistaken identity, plot twists and double entendres creates one of the funniest farces of the American stage.
The Tony Award winning farce Lend Me a Tenor by Ken Ludwig comes to Twin City Stage February 1-3 & 7-10, with shows Thursday-Saturday at 8pm and Sundays at 2pm at Twin City Stage in Winston-Salem. Stan Bernstein directs, Michael Ackerman is the meek assistant manager, Max, sent in to impersonate world-famous tenor Tito Morelli, Rene-Lynn Walek is Maggie, Max's hopelessly romantic and very frustrated girlfriend, and they’re joined by cast members Chris Swaim, Phil Powell, Mary Lea Williams, Cameron Williams, and Janel Jernigan. Karen Robertson and Lanie Pope will tag team on the role of Julia.
Rene and Michael stopped by to talk about the play with David Ford. They began with a short read from the play. This Friday afternoon at 1:00pm it's Lend Me a Tenor from the director's chair with TCS director Stan Bernstein during Triad Arts Weekend.