Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Fri September 6, 2013
We All Need A Helping Hand
At some point in everyone's life, a village is needed.
With each passing year, adults would like to think they'll age gracefully and still be independent. But in reality, most will need help from family, friends and sometimes from total strangers. Real People, Real Stories guest commentator Steve Huffman is a former Salisbury Post reporter and lives in Alamance County. He also volunteers with Meals on Wheels in that community. Huffman remembers one delivery that actually enriched his life more than he expected. He's changed the name of this Meals on Wheels recipient to protect her privacy.