Most Active Stories
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Meet the Arts Nonprofit: Arts for Life
Tue November 26, 2013
WFDD's 2013 BackPack Campaign
In North Carolina, 1 in 4 children is at risk for hunger.
Again this holiday season you have a chance to support 88.5 WFDD and The Second Harvest Food Bank with one donation. For a limited time, when you support WFDD with a pledge in any amount, Ralph Lauren will donate a backpack full of food to The BackPack Program of the Second Harvest Food Bank, providing a backpack of nutritious food for a child in need.
Thanks to our partners at Ralph Lauren, 100% of your gift to WFDD goes toward great radio in our community. Ralph Lauren has committed to providing funds for up to 800 backpacks of food!
You can learn more about how the Second Harvest Food Bank combats child hunger on their website here. Also make sure to visit the interactive map found here to learn about food insecurity in our community.