Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Mon March 4, 2013
Winston-Salem Festival Ballet Presents "Angels in Our Midst"
The notion of guardian angels dates back to antiquity, and modern tributes include Clarence in “It’s a Wonderful Life”, Wim Wender’s “Wings of Desire”, and “Angels in America”.
Next week a dramatic new take on the unseen forces in our lives comes to the Triad courtesy of Winston-Salem Festival Ballet. Dancer and Festival Ballet Founder Gary Taylor has spent nearly a decade contemplating the many angel stories he’s encountered in his own personal life and near death experiences as well. His choreography “Angels in Our Midst” explores the impact of the real presence of guardians in our world through dance, original music by Chris Heckman and Cornelius Dufallo, and lighting by Craig Stelzenmuller.
Performances are Friday March 8 at 8:00pm in the Hanesbrands Theatre in Winston-Salem. It’ll run through the 10th with a Sunday matinee at 2:00pm, and a special preview event on Thursday, March 7 beginning at 6:30pm with cocktails, synoptic performance, and a chat session with the cast and crew. Gary recently spoke with David Ford along with dancer Alejandra Dore who portrays Rebecca in “Angels in Our Midst”.