Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Common Core Uncertainty Puts NC Educators in Limbo
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- William Tyler, Clark Whittington of Art-o-mat, Mary Dalton, and Hiss Golden Messenger
- When Science and Art Become A Thing . . .
Mon March 4, 2013
Winston-Salem Festival Ballet Presents "Angels in Our Midst"
The notion of guardian angels dates back to antiquity, and modern tributes include Clarence in “It’s a Wonderful Life”, Wim Wender’s “Wings of Desire”, and “Angels in America”.
Next week a dramatic new take on the unseen forces in our lives comes to the Triad courtesy of Winston-Salem Festival Ballet. Dancer and Festival Ballet Founder Gary Taylor has spent nearly a decade contemplating the many angel stories he’s encountered in his own personal life and near death experiences as well. His choreography “Angels in Our Midst” explores the impact of the real presence of guardians in our world through dance, original music by Chris Heckman and Cornelius Dufallo, and lighting by Craig Stelzenmuller.
Performances are Friday March 8 at 8:00pm in the Hanesbrands Theatre in Winston-Salem. It’ll run through the 10th with a Sunday matinee at 2:00pm, and a special preview event on Thursday, March 7 beginning at 6:30pm with cocktails, synoptic performance, and a chat session with the cast and crew. Gary recently spoke with David Ford along with dancer Alejandra Dore who portrays Rebecca in “Angels in Our Midst”.