Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- The Real Home of Christmas
Wed October 2, 2013
Winston-Salem Festival Ballet Presents Dracula
Winston-Salem Festival Ballet brings the classic story of Dracula to life the, but with a modern twist. The new ballet by Founder and Artistic Director Gary Taylor with original music by UNCSA Film Music Composition head Chris Heckman, is told from the viewpoint of the Count himself.
Dracula runs Friday, October 4th through Sunday the 6th with evening performances at 8:00 pm and Sunday matinee at 2:00 pm, in Hanesbrands Theatre. Composer Chris Heckman has collaborated with Danny Elfman and his recent credits include the acclaimed video game Red Dead Redemption and the award-winning short film, The Perfect Gentleman. Gary Taylor’s ballet “Temptation” received national recognition winning the prestigious Regional Dance America National Choreographic Commission Award.