Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Common Core Uncertainty Puts NC Educators in Limbo
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- William Tyler, Clark Whittington of Art-o-mat, Mary Dalton, and Hiss Golden Messenger
Fri September 6, 2013
Winston-Salem Native, Musician Sarah Siskind's Triumphant Return
By David Ford
Sarah Siskind is now a Virginia-based singer/songwriter who has been described as utterly captivating. Southern Living magazine calls Sarah “Nashville’s best new voice”. While her music transcends category, it's a blend of the traditional and modern. Sarah has collaborated with artists such as Bonnie Raitt, Justin Vernon of Bon Iver, and Allison Krauss, and last month Sarah and her re-released first album from 2003 titled Covered and was featured on NPR by Stephen Thompson during Here and Now. The reissue was done by Justin Vernon on his own label. It’s been a triumphant return for Sarah Siskind. For years she battled sinus issues resulting in a string of surgeries and prevented her from touring. She’s back on tour now with a new CD Novel.
Sarah is currently on tour in Colorado, begins her trip home through Tennessee, and Virginia in October, and returns to North Carolina for performances in November.