Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Helen Simoneau Danse Begins International Tour
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Small WS Independent Pharmacist Challenges Big-Store Goliaths
Tue November 27, 2012
Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance presents Sordid Lives
There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 professional, community/volunteer and collegiate theatre organizations going on in the Triad, and each of them have their own unique strengths. When it comes to plays that fall into the "edgy" and "excellent" categories, The Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance has certainly found its niche.
On Friday night at 8:00pm, November 30, it’s opening night for Sordid Lives by Dell Shores. By popular demand, they’ve added four shows this year, and it’ll run through Sunday, December 16, at the Theatre Alliance building, 1047 Northwest Blvd., in Winston-Salem.
There will be evening performances at 8:00pm, and Sunday matinees at 2:00pm. Artistic Director Jamie Lawson has directed well over 100 productions for community theatres in the Triad, and he recently dropped by to talk about the 1996 play that won 14 Drama League Awards.