Most Active Stories
- The Modern Scribe: John Stevens and the Art of Letterforming
- Country Music Star Scotty McCreery Will Sign Autographs at Lowes Foods in Clemmons
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Reducing Gun Violence, One Bell at a Time
- Hidden Quarry in Winston-Salem Could Become Tourist Attraction
Wed March 6, 2013
Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance Presents The Tammy Wynette Story
The Tammy Wynette Story begins at the end of the country star's life and works its way back in flashbacks from the cotton fields of Itawamba, Mississippi, to international superstar, and five husbands in between.
Country legend George Jones was the second great love of Tammy Wynette’s life and the two made a fabulous duet team. In the Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance production veteran actor Gray Smith plays Jones and Mary Lea Williams sings her way through the challenging role as first lady of country music Tammy Wynette. The Tammy Wynette Story featuring the band Hayride Suicide with Tommy Jackson runs March 15 through the 24th with evening shows at 8 and weekend matinees at 2 in the Theatre Alliance building 1047 Northwest Blvd. Gray and Mary Lea joined David Ford recently to talk about it.