Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Tue October 29, 2013
Winston-Salem Youth Chorus Celebrates 20th Anniversary
Winston-Salem Youth Chorus, under the direction of Founder, Artistic & Executive Director Barbara Beattie.
This Saturday, November 2, they’ll be celebrating their big 20th anniversary concert in the Stevens Center beginning at 7:00 PM. On the program will be audience favorites plus a world premiere by renowned composer Dan Locklair set to a new poem by former NC Poet Laureate Fred Chappell. Winston-Salem Youth Chorus members Daniel Prescott, Paul Gunter, Josh Boose and Olivia Wright share their thoughts.
This Friday afternoon at 1:00 PM, we’ll also hear from singers Ruth Kelley, Sam Cashwell, Carmen Hardy, Adria Fawlkner, and WSYC Founder, Artistic & Executive Director Barbara Beattie. On Saturday, November 2nd, you can help them celebrate two decades of wonderful music-making at their 20th anniversary concert in the Stevens Center. The concert begins at 7:00 PM with audience favorites from the past 20 years plus a world premiere by renowned composer Dan Locklair: The Playful Rainbow set to a new poem by former NC Poet Laureate Fred Chappell. The concert also welcomes back dozens of WSYC alumni. If you’re a former W-S Youth Chorus member, Ms. Beattie is encouraging you to contact her for your complimentary ticket.