Most Active Stories
- Rosetta: Space probe drops robotic lander on comet 67P
- Report: NC 4th in Nation For School Shootings Since Newtown Tragedy
- Meet the Artist: Watercolor Painter Alexis Lavine
- McCrory Pushes Tax Credits At Opening For Company That Hasn't Used Them
- UNCSA's "Dying For It," Tiny House Expedition, Jeremy B. Jones, and Piedmont Triad Jazz Orchestra
Thu October 24, 2013
Winston-Salem's The Breathing Room Will Be Creative and Holistic Incubator
The Breathing Room in Winston-Salem is a place where people come together to create and collaborate in a community in a safe supportive environment. It’s education-based and offers opportunities for individuals to experiment in both the holistic and expressive arts under the guidance of skilled, local practitioners. On Friday night, October 25th from 7-8:30 it’s an evening of kirtan and meditative instrumental music from around the world. The following afternoon it’ll be a free creative writing and spoken word poetry workshop from 1-2:30. Co-founder Suzy McCalley spoke with me recently about the upcoming arts events at The Breathing Room, and you’ll find out about taro, reiki, yoga, and more from Co-founder Emily Stewart by listening to the complete interview posted above.
The Breathing Room is an L3C—low-profit limited liability company—whose main purpose is to make these classes and services affordable for everyone in our community. To make that goal a reality Suzy and Emily have just launched their indiegogo fundraiser. They’re hoping to raise $21,000 by November 14th.