Most Active Stories
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
Sun March 16, 2014
Work Begins on New Public Park in Downtown Winston-Salem
There’s a new park coming to downtown Winston-Salem.
Work will begin Monday on Bailey Park at East End. The new public park will be located on about one-and-a-half acres on Patterson Avenue between Fourth and Fifth Streets. That’s in the heart of the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter. Lindsey Yarborough is the manager of public activities for the Quarter. She says the new park will have year-round opportunities for the entire community.
The main feature will be a covered stage. Yarborough says that a master plan also includes green space where people can enjoy some time outdoors in a safe, family-friendly environment.
Yarborough says work on Bailey Park is scheduled to be completed in early fall.