Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Helen Simoneau Danse Begins International Tour
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- Small WS Independent Pharmacist Challenges Big-Store Goliaths
Wed February 6, 2013
Yadkin County opens new Willingham Theatre
Yadkin County is the proud home of a new 10,000 square foot arts center which opened in 2010. In December of 2012 the center added the Willingham Theatre.
The center and the theatre were dreams of Arts Council President John Willingham, and now that he’s built it the artists will come. On February 9 at 7:30 it’s Carolina Music Way’s Old Timey Radio Show a high-energy musical revue featuring music of the north Piedmont: Appalachian, Moravian String Band, Afro American and more. Then on the 23rd it’s the uptown jazz stylings of Miss Cle Thompson. The amazing Kruger Brothers make their Arts Center debut on March 8 and the season rolls on through July with film, theatre, bluegrass and more. Putting together the Willingham Theatre’s inaugural season is writer, producer, director extraordinaire and UNC School of the Arts Screenwriting Discipline Chair Ron Stacker Thompson. Susan Lyons and her husband Stephen have been co-directors of the Yadkin Cultural Arts Center since 2009. Ron and Susan spoke with David Ford about their season of music, dance, drama and film.