Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Thu January 23, 2014
The Yadkin Cultural Arts Center Provides Musical Theatre, Shakespeare, Film and More
In December of 2012 Yadkin Cultural Arts Center opened the doors to its new Willingham Theatre. The state-of-the-art performance theatre brings incredible entertainment at affordable prices to Yadkin County all season long and that new tradition continues in February with musical theatre, April with Country, Jazz, and Shakespeare, and the season wraps up with modern dance in May, and award-winning Acoustic Americana in June. Yadkin Cultural Arts Center co-director Susan Lyons and UNC School of the Arts Screenwriting Discipline Chair Ron Stacker Thompson recently joined David Ford to talk about it.
The Center and Willingham Theatre is just a hop-skip-and a jump from Winston-Salem, Greensboro and High Point. On February 7th through the 16th it’s Smoke on the Mountain and April kicks off with the country/retro musical stylings of the Malpass Brothers live in concert. Willingham’s state-of-the-art movie theatre offers classic movies for free. The Spring Series includes Sideways, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, From Russia with Love and more.