Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- The Modern Scribe: John Stevens and the Art of Letterforming
- Country Music Star Scotty McCreery Will Sign Autographs at Lowes Foods in Clemmons
- Reducing Gun Violence, One Bell at a Time
- Hidden Quarry in Winston-Salem Could Become Tourist Attraction
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
JazzSet with DeeDee Bridgewater
Saturday, December 21, 2013 8:00amThe hot and historic band from New Orleans brings us a tuba-wielding Santa and some original holiday cheer and praise — what its members call a Cajun Christmas from the French Quarter. The goal here is simple: to bring you joy.
Friday, December 20, 2013 9:00amMarian McPartland and her guests from seasons past, present and future share favorite memories and unique musical performances of Christmas classics and original holiday tunes.
Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:25pmThe Big Phat Band makes its Monterey Jazz Festival debut with "Rhapsody in Blue" and "Hunting Wabbits," inspired by Carl Stalling's 1940s scores for Warner Brothers cartoons. The music tumbles all over itself.
Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:08amAmerican Routes host Nick Spitzer calls in to chat with NPR's David Greene about noteworthy Christmas contributions from some of jazz music's most revered and beloved artists.
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:05amIn a year where pop culture looked back at the 1960s, it makes sense that jazz critics lauded the 80-year-old Shorter, who made his first recording in 1959. His latest album displays him as enigmatic as ever — and as committed to finding new sounds.