Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- The Real Home of Christmas
Radio Camp 2013
WFDD is thrilled to offer Radio Camp again this summer! We have three opportunities with camps offered in Forsyth, Guilford, and Davie Counties.
Radio Camp Winston-Salem 2 (Aug 5-9 at Wake Forest University) has LIMITED spots left.
Register online here or by calling 336-758-3395. Please wait for confirmation from a WFDD staff member before paying the registration fee. There is a very small number of spots available and they may fill quickly.
If you have received confirmation from WFDD that your registration was accepted, you may pay for your registration fee here.
The required registration forms are available as PDFs at the bottom of this page (Please note: the medical form is dated '2010' but it is the current form).
Contact WFDD's Greg Keener at 336-758-3395 or by email with any questions.
Details are below.
Over the week, students learn the basics of audio recording in the studio and "in the field;" how to conduct an interview; how to edit sound on computers into a news story; and the other skills needed to write, record, edit, and create stories for radio broadcast. Each student will research, interview and edit together a 2-3 minute public radio style feature story!
- Limited to 12 students per camp
- Suitable for students ages 11-15
- Radio Campers should have a strong interest in technology, writing, research and be comfortable working in groups.
- 10am-2:30pm each day
- Campers should bring a bag lunch each day
- Cost: $175