The storm expected to bring heavy rainfall and high-speed winds on Sunday. Authorities are urging residents of islands of Kyushu and Okinawa to exercise caution.
Mayor Park Won-soon's daughter told police he left a verbal message similar to a will, and later turned off his mobile phone. His body was found in a wooded park early Friday, police say.
South Korea conscripted more than 30,000 soldiers between the ages of 14 and 17 for the war. An estimated 3,000 of them died. One survivor prays daily for their souls.
Pyongyang says forces will be sent to Kaesong, an inter-Korean industrial park along the border where a liaison office was blown up by North Korea earlier this week.
The office, north of the Demilitarized Zone, appears to have been empty when it was destroyed. The act follows threats from Pyongyang, and experts say provocations from the North will likely continue.
According to multiple news reports, the banner was taken down after President Trump and senior State Department officials expressed displeasure with it.
The move is the latest sign of deterioration in relations between North and South Korea. On Tuesday, North Korean officials did not answer a routine daily call from the South.
A study of patients who initially tested negative for the virus, but weeks later tested positive again, has found they do not appear to pass the disease to personal contacts such as family members.
Both countries eased some of their intensive rules after new cases slowed to a trickle. But clusters have cropped up again this month, and authorities are ramping up testing to try to curb the spread.